Book your service
Think about a situation – you and your family is going on a road trip, your car is sailing through the A2 when all of a sudden a motorist bring his car in front of yours. You have to apply your car’s brakes in the nick of time to make sure you don’t get involved in a fatal accident, but what happens when you find out that it doesn't work the way it is supposed to work.
Brake malfunctioning is a real issue on roads all over the world. Every year, hundreds of people get into deadly crashes because their cars’ brakes failed to provide that much-needed stopping power on the road. Now, you don’t want to be a part of that, do you?
Neither do we want you to be. That’s why we, Totton Tyre & Exhaust, have brought our most sought-after service, brake repair in Totton.
Brakes – probably the most crucial part of your car
Perhaps the only component of your vehicle that you used as frequently as the car itself is its brakes, especially when you are driving around an urban neighbourhood like Totton. The stop and go traffic puts immense pressure on the brakes, wearing them out much quicker.
One thing that every car owner should remember is that the brake pads are not repairable. Because of the immense friction and heat that they endure, they gradually lose their effectiveness to the point that they are not usable any more. So, when you bring your car to Totton Tyre & Exhaust with malfunctioning brakes, we will check it to make sure whether it needs a brake pad replacement in Totton or not.
Modern cars mostly use disc brakes, with or without ABS. However, even if you use an older car with drum brakes, you don’t have to worry. We service every type of vehicles that are out there.
Let's take a brief look at what your car brakes may be like –
- Disc brakes –Disc brakes are a more recent discovery. They use a circular rotor, which is connected to the wheels. When you apply the brakes, the pair of callipers press against the disc and reduce the spinning motion, effectively reducing the speed of your car in that process.
One thing that is closely related with disc brakes is the ABS.
- ABS –ABS or Anti-lock Braking System is a complex system which calculates your car’s speed, tyre rotation, and applies the brakes in such a manner that it does not lock up under stress. ABS is a common cause of malfunctioning. So, when you bring your car to Totton Tyre & Exhaust for a brake repair at Totton, we will test the ABS to make sure you do not face any trouble on the road.
- Drum brakes – Drumbrakesare probably the oldest type of brakes that are out there. In this unit, an empty circular drum is attached with the wheels. When you press the brakes, a set of brake pads clamp against the drum to reduce your car’s speed. Although this is an older type of braking system, some budget options, and older models of passenger cars still use this type of brakes.
What do we have to offer?
Other than brake pad replacement at Totton, we also have tailor-made packages to make sure you do not face any issue when you are driving down the road. Our service packages include –
- A complete inspection of your car’s brakes, including measuring the run-outs and limits of the brake rotors.
- Our experienced mechanics will make sure that the rotors are the factory recommended for your car. We use factory component matching to make sure this is correct; factory matching components ensure that you get minimum vibration and noise while braking.
- Replacing of the worn out brake pads.
All our packages are available at affordable prices, so you won't have to shell out a considerable amount when you are looking for a replacement.
Visit us whenever you feel that your car’s brakes are not working the way they should, we are available on all working days. You can also reach us via the phone number given in the Contact Us page, or schedule an urgent appointment from there.